Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Kitchen!!!

Well we have had our house for almost 4 years now, and it is finally almost done(ha ha). If you don't know we bought an old house tore everything out and started new. Well the kitchen is the last room, and the most expensive.
Like I said we have had this house for 4 years and we have lived in in for about 3, with no kitchen!!! We had a refrigerator, we have had a stove for about a year now, but no sink no cabinets and no guts to the kitchen. In this time I have learned all kinds of new ways to cook; microwave, elect. skillet, griddle, and the grill oh yeah and TAKE OUT!! You can cook some pretty good meals with all of these items, BUT we are now moving on and up. We are ordering my counter top and I picked out my sink and we have purchased our bottom cabinets!!!!!!!! I don't think I will know what to do with a full on working kitchen, I will no longer have to wash dishes in the bathroom!!!!!!! and no more take out, I will be able to eat real food!!!!
If any one has gone through the process of remodeling a home then you understand, if not then I do NOT encourage you to do so. Don't get me wrong I'm loving how my house is turning out and we have got to pick and do it all the way we want, BUT it has been a long time coming and I'm ready to be DONE!!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

hahaha! Um, I can't imagine living without a kitchen and I REALLY can't imagine living without a kitchen with a baby!

Patty said...

It's not at all easy but it can be done. The bathroom sink may be small but it works wonders. (haha)

cricket said...

Gotta love ya Patty!!! I probably would of torn out all my hair by now! When everything is done you outta have a home welcoming party thingy... even though your not just now moving in but I don't think it'll really matter!! LOL!! Maybe a pampered chief so you could get some FREE kitchen stuff for your NEW... REMODELED... FULLY WORKING... kitchen!!!!

Patty said...

Chrissy i agree, when it is all done, I'm having a Pampered Chief, and alchol tasting party just to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!